PLAY AND WIN SEASON 16 TnC
TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE PLAY AND WIN SEASON 16 IS A PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITY ORGANIZED BY ONMOBILE
GLOBAL LIMITED IN ASSOCIATION WITH VODAFONE IDEA LIMTED
THE CHALLENGE IS AN OPTIONAL CHALLENGE CONCEPTUALIZED, ORGANIZED AND HOSTED BY _ONMOBILE GLOBAL LIMITED, A
COMPANY INCORPORATED UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956 AND HAVING ITS REGISTERED OFFICE AT , TOWER 1, 94/1 C AND
94/2, VEERASANDRA VILLAGE, ATTIBELE HOBLI, ANEKAL TALUK, ELECTRONIC CITY PHASE 1, BANGALORE – 560 100, INDIA AND
ITS CORPORATE OFFICE AT TOWER 1, 94/1 C AND 94/2, VEERASANDRA VILLAGE, ATTIBELE HOBLI, ANEKAL TALUK, ELECTRONIC
CITY PHASE 1, BANGALORE – 560 100, INDIA (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “ONMOBILE” OR “ORGANIZER”) FOR THE ELIGIBLE
RIGHTFUL SUBSCRIBERS OF VODAFONE IDEA LIMITED, (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “VIL/VODAFONE IDEA”).
THIS DOCUMENT IS AN ELECTRONIC RECORD IN TERMS OF THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000 AND RULES THERE UNDER
AS APPLICABLE. THIS ELECTRONIC RECORD IS GENERATED BY A COMPUTER SYSTEM AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PHYSICAL OR
THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO ALL VIL POSTPAID & PREPAID SUBSCRIBERS PARTICIPATING
IN THE CHALLENGE KNOWN AS “PLAY AND WIN SEASON 1 6 ” (“CHALLENGE”) DURING THE CHALLENGE PERIOD AS MENTIONED
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE KNOWN AS
“PLAY AND WIN S EASON 1 6”. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT
PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE.
FOR THE PURPOSES OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHEREVER THE CONTEXT SO REQUIRES “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL MEAN
ANY NATURAL PERSON WHO BEING AN ELIGIBLE SUBSCRIBER HAS PARTICIPATED IN THE CHALLENGE.
B. DEF INITIONS
1. “S ubscribe r” shall mean the rightful user of the VILmobile connection who is either on prepaid or post-paid subscription,
in whose name the mobile phone number (MSISDN) is registered with VIL. In the event the user number / connection is
registered in the name of a company/ firm, the employee who is authorized to use the MSISDN shall submit a No
Objection Certificate (NoC) and authorization letter of the employer duly permitting the employee to use the number for
subscribing for this Challenge and accept the terms applicable herein.This shall not be applicable on Recharge prize.
2. Or g anizer: under this T&C shall mean OnMobile who shall be responsible for conceptualizing, organizing and hosting this
3. “Act ive S ubscriber” shall mean a Subscriber who uses the Subscriber Identity Module (“SIM”) of VIL on a regular basis
for purposes other than to participate in any offer or Challenge offered by VIL.
4. “Cir cle(s)” shall mean VIL Telecom Service Areas.
5. “Affiliat e” shall mean, with respect to a Party, any entity directly or indirectly Controlling or Controlled by, or under direct
or indirect common Control with such Party. For the purposes of this definition, ‘Control’, ‘Controlled’ or ‘Controlling’
shall mean, with respect to any entity, any circumstance in which such entity is controlled by anot her entity by virtue of
the latter entity controlling the composition of the Board of Directors or owning the largest or controlling percentage of
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
the voting securities/rights of such entity or by virtue of any contractual arrangements or otherwise.
6. “Challenge Pack Member(s)” or “Participant s” means (i) Active Subscribers who meet the eligibility criteria specified in
these Terms and Conditions, (ii) who belong to Circle(s) and have successfully activated, and (iii) who are subscribed to
the Challenge Pack as described in the subscription process hereunder.
7. “Eligible S ubscr ibe r” shall mean an Active Subscriber of VIL satisfying the following criteria at the time of participation
and during continuation of Challenge:–
i. He/she must be of at least 18 years of age;
ii. He/she must be a citizen of India;
iii. He/she must be an Active Subscriber of VIL;
iv. He/she must be responsible to activate and subscribe to the Challenge Pack and thereby become a
Challenge Pack Member. He/she must belong to any of the telecom service areas mentioned below;
v. For Prepaid Subscribers – Subscribers must have the minimum requisite balance of Rs 5 per input, to be
eligible to participate in this Challenge;
vi. He/she must not be of an unsound mind; and
vii. He/she must not be under any legal disability e.g. insolvency, restraint by court orders etc. and / or is
prohibited from entering any contractual relationship.
viii. He/she must not have been subject of any criminal proceeding;
ix. Subscribers who are roaming outside their home Circle will be barred from playing the Challenge.
8. The Challenge will be known by and be made available in the below mentioned languages: English / Malayalam
/ Telugu / Kannada / Tamil /Hindi / Gujarati / Marathi / Punjabi / Oriya/Bengali on IVR.
9. Further, the PLAY AND WIN SEASON 1 6 Pack Members who participate in the Challenge and are chosen as
winners of each category of prizes in accordance with the winner selection process under the Terms and
Conditions of the Challenge shall be required to be the registered VIL Subscribers of the winning mobile phone
number and not merely the players using such mobile number (“Winner(s)”). If the Winner is not able to provide
sufficient evidence to show that he/she is the Subscriber of the winning mobile number, the Organizers
reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible Winner or to forfeit the prize, at its sole discretion. The
confirmation is not required in- case of recharge prize.
10. The employees of the Organizers and/or VIL and or their group companies, affiliate or associate companies
and their relatives/ dependents(First blood/Spouse of immediate member) shall not be eligible to participate
in this Challenge. If found otherwise, then the Organizers reserves the right to forfeit the prize. If an employee
of the Organizers or VIL leaves the organization when the Challenge is launched or leave during Challenge
Period/ before Winner list announcement / after Winner’s list is announced, the employee will not be eligible
to participate in the Challenge.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
11. The Organizers and/or VIL reserve the right, at any time, to unconditionally disqualify any Participant who
tampers with or who in any way abuses the process or Terms and Conditions of the Challenge. Failure by the
Organizer or VIL to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver
of that Term and Condition and shall not give rise to any claim by any person. The decision of the Organizer or
VIL shall at all times be binding and final.
C. CHALLENGE PERIOD
1. This is a limited period Challenge for Eligible Subscribers of VIL, available from 24th July, 2022, 00:00:01
hours to 21stOctober, 2022, 23:59:59 hours, both days inclusive (“Challenge Period”).
2. Organizer and VIL reserves the right to extend or shorten the Challenge Period, as it deems fit.
D. CHALLENGE AREA
Kindly refer to Ex hibit A.
E. CHALLENGE DETAILS – ACTIVATION, STEPS, RESTRICTIONS AND DEACTIVATION
Refer Ex hibit B.
The charges paid by the subscribers are towards the service and no additional charge is collected from the subscriber for
participating in the Challenge.
F. PRIZ ES AND WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
1. Please refer to Ex hibit C for details of prizes.
2. In case of increase in the value of any prize, the incremental difference shall be borne by the Winner. In an event
where the Participant is unable to bear such incremental difference of the prize, then the prize shall be
considered to be surrendered and as per the terms set out herein and the Organizersreserves the right to award
the prize to the next eligible Winner.
3. Prize/rewards contained herein are applicable only for the Participants who are scoring points by
playing the Challenge.
4. The se lection criteria, of the Winner of the Challenge, shall take place after completion of the Challenge and
prize/rewards shall be distributed thereafter. Winner selection will be done based on the following criteria in
the order as mentioned below:
a. Hig hest/Relevant Score – The Participant with highest/relevant score as per the criteria given below
b. S hortest Possible Time – The Participant who took least time to answer the questions would be
selected as the Winner
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
5. The time taken for answering a question on “Voice” mode, is calculated from the time the Organizer’s system
plays the question till the answer is received by system. On SMS and USSD channel time taken is calculated
from the time system pushes the question till the answer is received by system.
6. A Subscriber may be eligible to win more than one Prize during the Challenge Period, provided he/she meets
the scoring criteria, as per the table under Exhibit C, of the respective Prizes and gets selected.
7. During the playing of the challenge if a Participant drops call/ stops replying on SMS, the same day the
Participant will get the same unanswered question. Post which Participant will receive the nth question and
(n+1)th question. If a Participant participates in the Challenge over all the channels (IVR/SMS/USSD), the
Participant’s score will only be cumulative and not exclusive for each of the channels.
8. All the Winners shall be chosen in accordance with the Winner selection process duly certified by an
Inde pendent Exte r nal Audit or appointed by the Organizer and decision of Independent External Auditor shall
be final and binding on the Participants.
9. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Participant shall not hold the Organizer, the Independent External
Auditor or VIL liable for the Winner selection process under this Challenge.
10. Post selection of Winners the results will be uploaded on http://vil.contestzone.in and the Organizer shall also
make 3 attempts over SMS informing the Winners to claim their prizes by calling on our customer care 080 –
49202042 (Toll-Number) within 7 working days. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check the result
link provided on daily basis post completion of Challenge to know the Winners. And further it is the
responsibility of Winners to claim their prize. The details required for claiming the prize shall be mentioned
along with Challenge Winner list.
Winners without the PAN Card/ other required documents, will be given 7 working days to submit the
acknowledgment/status of PAN Card application by calling on our customer care 080-49202042 (TollNumber), and thereafter 30 working days to submit the original document, failing which, the prizes will be
Winners with address related issues, spelling corrections, and other incomplete details in PAN Card/ other
required documents, will be given 7 working days to submit the valid/corrected documents by calling on our
customer care 080-49202042 (Toll-Number), failing which, the prizes will be forfeited.
11. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check the result in the link provided on regular basis to know the
Winners. And further, it is the responsibility of Winners to claim their prize by submitting the required
documents as stated above.
12. The prize will be rolled over to next eligible Participant or forfeited, at the sole discretion of the Organizer
and Winner agrees to surrender the prize if:
a. The Winner does not claim the prize or fails to submit all necessary documents within 30 days post
intimation of winning.
13. In all cases or any issues related to Winner’s liability on TDS amount, the Organizer’s decision will be final.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
14. Post completing the documentation process, the Winner will be informed (through tele-calling) regarding the
modalities of the prize and distribution thereof. Delivery of prize will be subject to the Winners giving the correct
address and his/her availability there. In the event, the prize cannot be delivered due to reasons beyond the
control of the Organizer,the Winner(s) shall collect them from the nearest place, specified by the Organizer, at
their own cost. the Organizer will not be liable to reimburse the cost so incurred by Winner – whether travel,
accommodation or any other cost.
15. Not e: If there is any delay in the verification of probable winners due to certain reasons such as verification
documents pending, TDS pending, etc. then this will delay the declaration of final Winner list. The Organizer
will not be responsible for this delay. For avoidance of any doubts, the final Winner list shall be published only
after successful verification of documents submitted by the Winners.
16. Winners (including spouse of Winners and immediate/first blood relatives of Winners) of previous Challenge
and/or engagement activities/offers organized by the Organizer for VIL who have won a Play and Win Season
13: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and Win Season 14: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and
Win Season 15: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize or any equivalent prize shall not be eligible for the Mega
Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize/Zone Bumper in this Challenge. Here, engagement activities/offers mean
the activities organized by the Organizer with VIL. This restriction shall also apply to other Participants who
share the same addre ss with Winners of previous Challenge and/or engagement activities organized by the
Organizer for VIL who have won Play and Win Season 13: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and Win
Season 14: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and Win Season 15: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize/
Zone Bumper or any equivalent prize.
17. Winners also agree to provide an undertaking to the effect that his/ her spouse or immediate/first blood
relatives of Winners are not the winners of Play and Win Season 13: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play
and Win Season 14: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and Win Season 15: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper
Prize or any equivalent prize of previous Challenge and/ or engagement activities/offer organized by the
Organizer for VIL.
18. Winner, who is found to have made a false claim, does hereby agree to:
a. Allow the Organizer to recover the Prize (referred to in sub-clause (15)); and
b. Completely indemnify the Organizer, including any cost thereof, if declaration made in sub clause (15) is
found false or incorrect.
19. If the same person having different MSISDN has been selected more than once, in such event he /she will be
awarded only one Prize. A Participant will be entitled to win only once during the entire Challenge Period. If a
Participant is declared as Winner in more than one Prize category then he/she shall be entitled to only one
prize/ reward of highest value amongst different prize/ rewards in the entire Challenge Period.
20. All prizes will be given after deducting various taxes, license fees and charges as applicable except as otherwise
stated in writing.
21. All decisions of the Organizer in respect of all transactions under this Challenge, including without limitation
the selection of Winners as certified by the Independent External Auditor and other related transactions shall
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
be final and binding and no complaints, claims, correspondence or communication shall be entertained in this
regard. VIL has no role in the selection of Winners or prizes in this Challenge.
22. The list of the Winners of the prizes will be announced and published on http://vil.contestzone.in after the end
of the Challenge and after all the Winner selection process are completed.
23. All prizes offered in this Challenge will be sponsored and distributed by the Organizer or a designated third
24. All prizes offered in this Challenge are subject to availability. The Organizer reserves the right to provide
alternate models or brands or colour of the same value or any lesser value nearest to the original value, for any
of the prize/s under different categories mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. Also, no request for any
upgradation in the prize offered shall be entertained by the Organizer or VIL. Model or brand or colour for
alternate prize will be decided by the Organizer at its sole discretion, any choice of Winner in respect to model
or brand or colour will not be considered in any case.
25. Any failure on the part of the Winner under this Challenge to comply with directions issued by the Organizer
shall entitle the Organizer, at its discretion, to cancel and forfeit the prize for the said Winner and the same
prize will be given to the next eligible Winner and which shall in the case of Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper
Prize/Zone Bumper is limited up to 3 Winners. The prizes shall be distributed only after and subject to
confirmation of an existing Permanent Account Number (“PAN”) of the Winner(s), submission of necessary
documents and compliance of any such condition as expressly mentioned herein. All costs and expenses for
collecting the prize unless otherwise specified shall be borne solely by the Winners under this Challenge and
the prize shall not be transferable and no request shall be entertained by the Organizer for such transfer under
26. Mere participation in the Challenge shall not entitle a Participant to the prize. No other person or agent can
claim the prize on behalf of the Participant. Except in cases where the Organizer approves the representative
to claim/collect the prize and the representative furnishes the documents as may be required by the Organizer.
Further, only registered VILChallenge Pack Members of the winning mobile phone number can be Winners and
not merely the players using such mobile numbers.
27. Without prejudice to the foregoing, under no circumstance shall the Winners of the Challenge be entitled to
redeem any category of prize for cash. The Organizer, at its sole discretion, shall not provide a cash alternative
to any of the prize being offered in this Challenge.
28. All prizes must be claimed by the Winners, along with the documents specified herein below within the
specified timelines intimated by the Organizer. The documents required to be submitted along with the claim
by the Winners include the following (the document list is only inclusive and not exhaustive and can change as
per the requirements of law or by Organizer):
a. Address proof (Voter ID / Driving License / Passport/electricity bill not older than 3 months
/Telephone bill not older than 3 months etc).
b. Photo Id proof (Aadhar Card / Passport/Voter ID/Driving License etc).
c. One passport size photo.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
d. Affidavit declaration for acceptance of Prize (format will be communicated/shared with Winner).
e. Post paid bill (for post paid user) (additional document).
f. Submission of acknowledgement letter (as per the format that shall be provided by the Organizer) on
receipt of the Prize(s)
g. PAN card copy self-attached
h. For Bumper Prize/Zone Bumper/Circle Bumper or any equivalent prize Winners of previous
Challenge- Affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of appropriate value that he / she (including
spouse of Winners and immediate/first blood relatives of Winners) has not won Play and Win Season
13: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and Win Season 14: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize,
Play and Win Season 15: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize or any equivalent prize any in previous
Challenge organized by the Organizer for VIL. Further declaration required from Mega Bumper
Prize/Bumper/Zone Bumper or any equivalent prize Winner that winner does not share the same
address with Winners of previous Challenge and/or engagement activities organized by the
Organizer for VIL who have won Play and Win Season 13: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play
and Win Season 14: Mega Bumper Prize/Bumper Prize, Play and Win Season 15: Mega Bumper
Prize/Bumper Prize or any equivalent prize.
i. In the event the number is registered in the name of a company or firm, the employee who is
authorized to use the MSISDN shall submit:
a. No Objection Certificate and
b. Authorization letter of the employer.
j. Letter of compliance with rules and regulations and declarations in the format as may be required by
the Organizer or applicable laws.
k. Every Winner has to provide his/her photograph and detail interview while receiving prize.
l. In the event, it is found or comes to the knowledge of the Organizer that Participant and/or Winner
submitted inaccurate/ misleading details/ or information as requested by the Organizer as stated
herein or in future course of action, the Organizer reservesthe right to forfeit the prize handed over to
the Winner(s) and/or to be handed over to Winner(s) and take the required legal action against them.
m. Bank Gift Card/ Cash Card gratifications will be dispatched to the winners. Once they receive the
cards they can follow the instructions given in the Kit provided along with the card to activate the
same. Once the activation is completed the card will be loaded with respective amount of
gratifications. (less TDS if applicable). The applicable terms and conditions for such Bank Gift Cards
shall be the terms and conditions stipulated by the relevant bank.
Important Links and Contact Information:
Card Activation Portal – https://activation.sodexobrs.com
Customer Service – 1800 267 3030/ 1800 103 3030
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
Write to Sodexo- email@example.com
Sodexo Corporate Website- www.sodexo.in
Zeta on Web– https://web.zetaapps.in/
Customer Support – 1800 267 3030/ 1800 103 3030
Write to Sodexo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Card Activation Portal – https://activation.sodexobrs.com
KYC portal: https://kyc.sodexobrs.com/ ● Zeta on Web– https://web.zetaapps.in/
Sodexo Corporate Website – https://www.sodexo.in
29. Neither VIL nor the Organizer is responsible for guarantees or warranties of the quality of the goods or services
being offered as prizes nor is it liable for any defect or deficiency of such goods or services so awarded to the
Winners under this Challenge. Participant further understands that the goods provided as prize may carry
manufacturer’s guarantee and in case of any deficiency in the goods, Winners will contact the manufacturer
only. Any and all claims regarding the quality or service of the prize shall be made by the Winner to the
30. TDS will be applicable for all/any gratification if the worth is equal or more than INR 10000.
31. All the Winners need to email a valid copy of his/her PAN Card on the email address email@example.com
to claim the prize, irrespective of the value of the same, failing which the Winners’ prize shall be forfeited, or
the prize shall be rolled over to the next eligible Winner, at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
32. TDS will be deducted at source for all gratification except for recharges/recharge coupons/discount coupons.
(*The Organizer irrespective of any specific operator will be subject to TDS under the Income Tax Act, 1961).
33. With regard to the gratification of a vehicle, the Winner will be eligible for the ex-showroom price of such
prize(Car/Bike), which shall not exceed the respective prices as detailed in gratification grid. The Winners
eligible for such prizes will be liable to pay all applicable charges over and above the ex-showroom price of the
respective vehicles as applicable, which shall include but not be limited to applicable taxes, levies, charges on
the additional parts opted by the Winner to be purchased along with the afore-mentioned prizes or any other
costs or charges which may be levied by the Central, State or Municipal authority or government or any other
liabilities related to the respective vehicles.
34. In case the specified model or type of gratification offered under this Challenge is discontinued or not available
during or after the Challenge, the Organizer shall at its own discretion offer another gratification of the same
value which may or may not be of the same colour / brand. If the Winner wants the exact same gratification of
the same colour/brand mentioned in this Challenge and if the value of the gratification increases during or
after the Challenge or at the time of gratification distribution or Winner announcement period, the Organizer
will only pay the value of the gratification announced as per this T&C’s that was during the launch of the
Challenge, post TDS deduction and the Winner has to pay or bear the extra amount including the applicable
taxes. The Gratification amount shall be given by way of cheque in the name of the dealer from whom the said
gratification is being purchased. The color/brand of the gratification shall be strictly as per availability.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
35. Organizer reserves the right to block or remove a Participant from this Challenge if it is found that the entries
are (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright,
trademark or; other intellectual property right or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to VIL or the Organizers
in its sole discretion.
36. Each and every Participant agrees and undertakes to ensure that they will not by any means use–
i. rude, lewd, or generally offensive words or statements; or
ii. any information that is grossly offensive or has a menacing character; or
iii. any information which the Participant knowns to be false, but for the purpose of causing annoyance,
inconvenience, danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred or ill will,
persistently making use of such resource or communication.
37. In any case, if any of the above conditions are breached or violated by the Participants, then the Organizer has
the right to suspend that particular Participant from the Challenge with immediate effect.
38. Organizer holds no liability over such use of rude, lewd, or offensive words or statements by any Participants
on its platform.
39. All winners are responsible for the safekeeping of their Cash Card/Gold Card/Gift Voucher. Should the Cash
Card/Gold Card/Gift Voucher be lost, misplaced or stolen, or the value on the Cash Card/Gold Card/Gift
Voucher be used by an unauthorized person, neither the Organizer nor VIL shall be held liable. The Organizer or
VIL shall not be held liable in the event of any fraudulent transactions relating to the Cash Card/Gold Card/Gift
40. In the event of the cash Card/Gold Card/Online Voucher being lost, misplaced or stolen, the winner shall be
responsible for reporting the loss to the Organizer. Online voucher codes sent to the user (successfully
delivered) will not be resent under any circumstances. It is the responsibility of User to redeem the received
voucher within the specified timeline.
41. You acknowledge and agree that the amount mentioned in the Cash Card/Gold Card/Gift Voucher may not be
fully utilized, subject to change in the rates and related antecedents to such Cash Card/Gold Card/Gift
Voucher You hereby agree that You are not entitled to any refund or any claim for such unutilized amount. Any
complaint or claim shall not be entertained with respect to such unutilized amount.
42. A separate T&C for the prizes offered by the respective vendor shall apply. Winners are requested to adhere to
the said T&C. Any queries in respect of usage of the gratification shall be directed to the respective vendor.
43. VIL and the Organizer is not liable for any direct/indirect costs or expenses in relation to the Challenge which
are to be borne by the Participant personally, including without any limitation the costs of collecting prizes or
applicable taxes to be borne by the Participant entitled to the prize.
44. The Participant shall not have the right to claim any damages, loss or costs from the Organizer and/or VIL for
delay in delivery of the prize(s) on any grounds whatsoever. The Organizer and / or VIL are not liable for any loss
or damage of any nature whatsoever if incurred by the Participant in connection with the Challenge.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
45. The prizes shall be handed over by the Organizer on receipt of all the documents, from the Winners, required to
process the distribution of the prize, and satisfactory verification thereof by the Organizer.
46. Questions and their answers are designed/ sourced by the Organizer, as per their best knowledge and
information available in public at large and have been collected and framed with reasonable prudence. The
answers are based on largely known facts and any exceptions are not considered. In the event of any
discrepancy / dispute regarding the questions or answers, neither the Organizer nor VIL nor any third party
involved shall be liable towards any Participant in any manner.
47. All incidental costs, expenses, taxes or levies related to the Prize(s), if any, shall be exclusively borne by the
Winner, including but not limited to TDS, gift tax (if any), Insurance, registration fees and any other taxes
applicable by the Central, State or Municipal government. To avail and/or use the prize, Winner shall be solely
liable for all applicable regulatory and statutory compliances including but not limited to any costs involved.
48. Any Participant providing any incorrect information, concealing or withholding any information from the
Organizer with intent to participate and/or win the Challenge will automatically be disqualified from
participating in it and winning the different categories of prizes. Such act of providing incorrect information,
concealing or withholding any information, including without limitation incorrect declaration of information
relating to name, age, identity, address, mobile connection of the VIL number, domicile, payment of
outstanding amount to VIL or any other information provided by the Participant, shall entitle the Organizerto
disqualify him/her without any further intimation. The Organizer agrees that VIL does not have any liability or
responsibility with respect to any information furnished by a Subscriber to the Organizer.
49. Apart from the entitlement to the prizes mentioned herein, the Winners or their legal heirs, successors or
representative will have no other rights or claims against VIL and/or the Organizer, unless otherwise expressly
50. The Winner’s name will be announced by the Organizer along with Independent External Auditor, as registered
in the system of VIL.
51. The Winners shall not be entitled to their respective prize, in case he/ she fails to clear all outstanding dues
payable to VIL and / or is not an Active Subscriber of VIL during Challenge Period and on the date of claiming
52. In event of the death of the Winner, the prize if any may be awarded by the Organizer to the legal
heirs/successors of the deceased Winner at sole discretion of the Organizer. The Organizer shall have the rights
to call for such documentary evidence before handing over the prize to the legal heirs/successors as it deems
fit and in case of no documentary proof or evidence of Successors legal right the prize shall be transferred to
next eligible winner.
53. The Organizer reservesthe right to forfeit the prizes under the following circumstances:
a. If documents as mentioned herein are not submitted within 30 days
b. If documents provided are found to be inaccurate/misleading.
c. If Winner is unwilling to claim/accept the prize.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
d. If the Winner is not reachable over phone after trying 5 times.
If the Winner is not able to provide sufficient evidence to show that he/she is the Subscriber of the mobile
number. Any failure on the part of the Winner to comply with directions issued by the Organizer for claim of
prize shall entitle the Organizer to forfeit the prize(s) or roll the prize over to the next eligible Winner, at their
54. MNP will be applicable in case of participant is porting from one circle to another circle within VIL during the
Challenge Period while keeping his mobile number same, then he/she shall be considered as eligible for
respective Zone/National/Circle where the number will be registered at the time of winner selecting process.
55. To be eligible to claim the prizes of the Challenge, the winning MSISDNs have to be Active Subscriber of VIL
during Challenge Period and at the time of the Winner announcement.
56. Prizes will be delivered against production of valid documents evidencing identity of Winners;
57. Winner will be decided basis above mentioned method by the Organizer. By participating in the Challenge the
Participant agrees to be bound by the Winner selection process adopted by VIL and the Organizer & shall not
raise any dispute in this regard in any manner whatsoever.
G. MODIFICATION AND WITHDRAWAL OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Organizer and/or VIL reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter
or modify these Terms & Conditions of the Challenge or any part thereof at any time during the Challenge Period
and without prior notice to You, including the eligibility criteria, the prizes at its sole discretion as may be
required in view of business exigencies, authorities, changes by regulatory authority and/or statutory changes
and for other reasons beyond its control.
2. If Organizer modifies these Terms, the latest revised version of the Terms and Conditions shall be effective and
binding on the Participants from the time of its posting on the Website http://vil.contestzone.in. You are
therefore advised to check these websites regularly for any update(s) or amendment(s) made to these Terms
and Conditions and in the event the modified or amended Terms and Conditions are not acceptable to You,
You should discontinue participating in the Challenge. Your continued participation in the Challenge will
constitute Your acceptance of the latest revised Terms and Conditions.
H. DIS CLAIMERS
1. You agree that this Challenge is being made purely on a “best endeavour” basis and subject to acceptance of
these Terms and Conditions. Your participation in the Challenge is voluntary and You expressly agree to
participate at your sole risk. VIL and the Organizer shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other
liability to any Participant arising due to participation in the Challenge.
2. To the extent you choose to participate in this Challenge, you do so at your own initiative and You shall remain
responsible for compliance with the Terms and Conditions herein, any applicable laws, including but not
limited to applicable local laws. You agree not to hold VIL and the Organizer, its officers, directors, employees,
affiliates, and agents or representatives liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the Winner or any participant or third party, in
connection with the Challenge or arising otherwise.
3. Subject to any applicable law (a) All warranties of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, are hereby
expressly disclaimed by the Organizer and VIL including, but not limited to, meeting of the Participant’s
requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security, any delay or failure in time recorded or taken for answering a
question through voice mode including during the tie-breaker process due to technical snags including network
problems or system error, the results or reliability of the Challenge, the delivery, quality, quantity,
merchantability, fitness for use or non-infringement in respect of any goods, services, benefits or awards
acquired or obtained through the Challenge or any transactions effected through the Challenge; (b) The
Participant expressly agrees that his/her participation in the Challenge offered by the Organizer is at the
Participant’s sole risk and is governed by the Terms and Conditions herein; and (c) No advice or information
whether by representations, oral, written or pictorial derived from the Website or through the Challenge shall
be construed to mean the giving of any warranty of any kind by the Organizer or VIL.
4. Neither VIL nor the Organizer shall be responsible for any claims arising out of technical failures before, during
or after the completion of the Challenge including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone
lines, delay or failure in time recorded or taken for answering a question through voice mode including during
the tie-breaker process, any action that has been initiated, actioned or completed through the Subscriber
mobile phone, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct Challenge score updates or any mistakes
arising out of technical snags or resultant inability of the listener for participation. Further, VIL and /or the
Organizer shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which is beyond the reasonable
control of the Organizer or VIL. In case if there is a technical failure in the system and participants are able to
play the questions more than what they are eligible to play for each day and crosses the per day limit then the
Organizer has the sole discretion to disqualify the winner and forfeit/recover the prize money, forfeit the
Challenge or declare the runner up as winner.
5. The Participant shall indemnify and keep indemnified VIL and the Organizer and their officers, directors,
employees, and affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, suits, proceedings, action,
liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs) which the Organizer or VIL
may incur, pay or become responsible for as a result of breach or alleged breach of the representations or
obligations of the Participant under the Terms and Conditions, any failure by the Participant participating in
the Challenge to comply with applicable law, any infringement of intellectual property rights of the Organizer
and/or VIL and any third party claim in respect of misuse of any information of a third party. VIL and the
Organizer shall have the right to defend themselves, pursuant to this Clause, at the cost of the Participant.
6. The Organizer, VIL nor any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees,
vendors, representatives, shall not be liable for any action, claim, demands, losses, cost, charges, expenses
or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, or for any personal loss or injury that may be suffered (including
loss of life) or incurred or claim to suffer, by a Subscriber and/or any third party, directly or indirectly, by use or
non-use of the prizes offered or on account of their participation in this Challenge.
7. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge is a violation
of laws and should such an attempt be made, the Organizer and/or VIL reserve the right to seek damages from
any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. The Organizer and VIL do not make any commitment, express or implied to respond to any feedback, suggestion
and/or queries of the Participants.
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
9. The Organizer VIL and their officials including their directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants and
representatives are under no obligation to render any advice of service to any participant in respect of the
I. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. You, the Participant, acknowledge and agree that all copyright and trademarks and all other intellectual
property rights in the SMS content, WAP Link, Website and all material or content related to the Challenge shall
remain, at all times, owned by the Organizer, VIL or its respective owners. All material and content contained
in this Website is made available for your personal and non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material/
content on this Website, WAP Link or any information disseminated by SMS or any other means of
communication is strictly prohibited.
2. Nothing in the Challenge shall affect any intellectual property rights of the Organizer or VIL or any of their
affiliates in any product or service made available on the Website.
3. By participating in the Challenge, You confirm to abide by all intellectual and industrial property rights,
including copyrights or trademarks belonging to VIL and the Organizer and to any third party content licensor
to VIL that is made available through the Challenge.
J. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By participating in this Challenge, You confirm that you have read understood and agreed to confirm to these
Terms and Conditions; You also warrant the accuracy, truthfulness and currency of all information that you hav e
submitted while participating in the Challenge;
2. This awards under this Challenge cannot be used in conjunction with any alternative award or promotion of a
3. The provisions of this service, the Challenge and any other promotional endeavour may not be used for any
commercial purpose by any Subscriber.
4. Rule Violation: Based on all the above mentioned rules in the Terms and Conditions if any rule is violated due
to any technical reason then no extra benefit will be granted to the Participant.
5. Points obtained in this Challenge will be valid for this Challenge only & will not be carried forwarded to new or
any other Challenge.
6. The Participant may contact the Organizer for any queries/complaints by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org which will be answered between 10:00 am to 06:00 pm on working days, between
Monday to Friday. All disputes must be addressed by the Participant in writing to the Organizer directly and VIL
shall not entertain any communication in this regard. Further, any information that the Participant may request
in connection with the Challenge, may be provided by the Organizer to the Participant, at the sole and absolute
discretion of the Organizer, depending on the nature of the information requested, and any such information
may be provided only during a period of 60 days from the end of the Challenge. No such request shall be
entertained thereafter. The Organizer further clarify that any information requested by any Subscriber shall only
concern that Subscriber and under no circumstances will the Organizer provide confidential information or
information pertaining to other Subscriber (s).
C1 – Vodafone Idea External
7. Upon participating in the Challenge, the Subscriber confirm and waive the applicability of rules and regulations
of the National Do Not Call Registry to the extent of receiving messages/calls in relation to this Challenge and
shall imply their willingness to receive all promotional messages including without limitation daily updates on
the score under the current Challenge and engagement calls / SMS, promoting the new Challenge. The
participant will be informed about the next Challenge to be launched after the end of the Challenge. They can
at any given point of time deactivate from the Challenge.
8. Also, by participating in this Challenge, You:
a. Agree to the Terms and Conditions mentioned below and give Your consent for the same;
b. Agree that You are entering into this Challenge as an independent party and nothing herein establishes
an employer-employee relationship between You and VIL or between You and the Organizer and You are
acting voluntarily, using Your own time and resources to participate in this Challenge, solely at Your own
c. Warrant that You have read,